Sunday, 27 December 2009

Ghostland- the Review.

"In a post-Apocalyptic world where supernaturals have emerged from hiding, wealthy humans delight in decadence while the religious gain power through temptation. For the masses, fear reigns from birth to death, and the afterlife holds beings that only the bravest can summon—or dare to desire…

Taken from her home and family, shamaness Aisling McConaughey has no choice except to enter the “ghostlands” in order to learn the fate of a wealthy man’s mistress. But there is always a price to pay for the use of her power. To save the woman’s life she must summon the Djinn prince Zurael en Caym—and yield to his savage, sensual rage.

Zurael fears nothing except being called and bound to a human’s will. He intends to kill Aisling after she’s served as bait to find an enemy in possession of an ancient tablet. But the more he tastes of her innocent spirit, the more he’ll use his fiery touch and seductive whispers to keep her hungry for his mercy—even as they weave an erotic spell that he cannot escape…

Powerful forces threaten both their worlds, leaving Aisling and Zurael with an unbearable choice. Follow their hearts…or stay true to their honor and risk losing an eternity of pleasure."


I FINALLY finished it, it feels like I have been reading it for ages, which for me is probably true, however with all the Christmas and work commitments which are thrust on us I hardly had time to start this book in earnest. But I did whilst I was camp-bedding at my brothers. (You have to love family Christmases, I finished the book but my back is killing me.) Anyway, back to the book...

I have made no secret of the fact I like the work of Jory Strong and this book was no different, at 155 pages it was not overly long and for those wanting a smut rating; your cup will runeth over, Zurael, once he got going, was lusty and Aisling was very willing to let him have his way. Not to say she was a submissive, well ok when he tied her down, but for all her quiet ways she was brave and stood alone. An interesting story in a post apocalypic world where religion rules where the lawless don't. Aisling is given the task of saving the major's mistress, but like all good stories this task develops into a hunt, in this book a hunt for those who are condemning people to death through the production of the drug ghost.

Aisling takes on many trials because of the system required for batering protection, at one point she protects herself with Zurael, he swears to kill her in revenge, but finds he can't. As he discovers they are just 2 small cogs in wheels which turn to bring a new era to mankind. Helped throughout by her mysterious pet Azriel (who goes missing at the end of the book- I hope we see more of him in a future book) they fall in love, have lots of sex, catch the bad guys, find out who Aisling's father was, and finally get together.

I have book 2 "Spider-Touched" I intend to start it soon.

I really should have a rating sysytem... I give Ghostland 4 pink knickers out of 5! A definite damp panty read!

5 comments:

Sparklybearsy said...

Awesome review babes! cant wait to read this, i may start it tonight. hehe cute pink panties btw ;)

Minx said...

Thanks, I have black ones for special occaisions!

SusiSunshine said...

Sounds nice and I so like the cover! I think I really have to buy that one!

Minx said...

the covers of this series are amazing!

Erotic Horizon said...

Cool review hon..

Could you drop me a line on email..

erotichorizon@googlemail.com

E.H>

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails