Friday, 11 December 2009

Pleasure Unbound

Pleasure Unbound- Larissa Ione

"In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . . She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life. Two lovers will dare to risk all. Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . ."


First of all I must thank my friend V... if it was not for her I would NEVER have come across this series, well ok, I probably would EVENTUALLY, but it would have taken longer; as it was she recommended it in July, I bought it and thanks to my huge TBR pile I only just got to it. Now I wished I had put it at the top of the pile, I loved it! So much so, three minutes after finishing it was online ordering the next 2!

So why did I go nuts for it, perhaps I should start with my addiction to it, I get up for work at 6am, on Wednesday night I was reading it until after 1am, I just could not put it down, I had to know where the story was going.

The world Ione creates is intruiging and interesting, the demons are given a mythology which is briefly covered in this book, discussing how they came into being, and as Tayla learns more about them so do we. Full of twists and turns, some more obvious than others, we journey through an attraction which buldozers through what the protagonists think they should believe, and that is part of the fun, will they give in.... or will they fight.

Backed by interesting, and addictive brothers we hope to see more of, Eilodon fights the change which will turn him into a monster, meets a girl, solves a mystery and does it all with a sexy swagger. Tayla discovers life is not what it appears and finds what she didn't know she had been searching for all her life.

I know I am talking in gerneralisations, but I loved it so much I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not read it.

If you want a taster there is an extract on Ione's web page I also found she posts deleted scenes!!! Got to love an extra treat. click here!

6 comments:

SusiSunshine said...

I so want this one. Everyone seems to love it!
But no new books for me before Xmas! But it's on top of my to buy list.
Great review!

Patti said...

Did you change your layout? I like it!

I liked this book, I liked the whole series so far and can't wait for the next one!

Minx said...

Yes I am trying too anyway... the only thing which won't work is the header! :(

Minx said...

Ok the layout is done enough...

@SusiSunshine... aww thanks so much... *dances coz I ahve a great review*

@Patti, I am pleased yu like the layout, hopefully one day I will get the header to work but it is resisting! I loved the book, I will be haunting the psot box until the others arrive!

Sparklybearsy said...

I love love love the demonica series, you must hurry and read the next two julesy so we can discuss how delish wraith is! Lovely review!

Sparklybearsy said...

PS. smexi new layout!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails