Sunday, 6 December 2009

Smut of the Month- December 09

"Book 1 in the series Trek Mi Q'an

Modern day Earth woman Kyra Summers is kidnapped and wed by a seven-foot tall, thickly muscled warrior claiming to be her Sacred Mate. Life on his home planet Tryston takes some getting used to, as the laws of the world cater to erotic hedonism and leave females at the sexual subjugation of the barbarians who claim them.

No one said love with an alien would come easily. Enjoy Kyra's spicy escapades as she adjusts to life and love in another dimension."


A blast from the past, but I was talking to bearsy about favourite books, and I had to include this, so out of posterity, because it is Christmas and because bothe the book and Jaid Black are amazing I tribute December's Smut of the Month to the Trek Mi Q'an series.

I first came across Jaid Black in an anothology containing the first BAD(Bureau of American Defense) story by Sherrilyn Kenyon, it was they story of a female soldier wo crash lands and ends up in the underground world of a Viking Clan, she is auctioned off, finds true love and I really enjoyed it. I then went on line and looked for more of Jaid Black, I found this series (and Elora's cave!).

The Empress' New Clothes, is fun, erotic, sexy and has that hint of danger. The characters are engaging and that is needed in a story of suc imagination, Jaid Black deals sensitively with a plot that could be difficult, but you find such love in the characters that you believe in what happens to them and that it will all work out for the best. Whilst the males in the early books are such male chauvinists you can see their world changing as you read future stories. I have every book in the series, and I heard rumours that there will be a new one soon.... I can only hope, I need to know what happens next!

If it is not on your Christmas list, add it... I am off to read it again!

Click here if you would like to read an extract.

4 comments:

Patti said...

I haven't read anything by Jaid Black yet. Would this be a good into to her stuff? Is this a stand-alone or do you have to read the books that come before it to understand the storyline?

Minx said...

Yes it probably would, and yes you could read it as a stand alone, I am certain I read somewhere it was originally written that way.

Have a look at the extract and see if you like the style.

Smutty fun for me, and as you can download as an ebook, instant gratification!

Patti said...

Crap - I had this in my hands at the used bookstore today and couldn't remember if I should get it or not, so I didn't!!! I'm going back for it!

Minx said...

Oooooooooo.... and a bargain.... my fav kinds. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.. *said with fingers crossed*

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails