Sunday, 3 January 2010

Desire Unchained- The review

'Pleasure is their ultimate weapon . . .

Runa Wagner never meant to fall in love with the sexy stranger who seemed to know her every deepest desire. But she couldn’t resist the unbelievable passion that burned between them, a passion that died when she discovered his betrayal and found herself forever changed. Now, determined to make Shade pay for the transformation that haunts her, Runa searches for him, only to be taken prisoner by his darkest enemy.

A Seminus demon with a love-curse that threatens him with eternal torment, Shade hoped he’d seen the last of Runa and her irresistible charm. But when he wakes up in a dank dungeon chained next to an enraged and mysteriously powerful Runa, he realizes that her effect on him is more dangerous than ever. As their captor casts a spell that bonds them as lifemates, Shade and Runa must fight for their lives and their hearts—or succumb to a madman’s evil plans.'


One of the best things about coming to a series late is that you have more than one book to go at at a time, so when I finished book 1 I ran out and bought books 2 and 3, and did I enjoy Shades book? YES! Oh my did I enjoy it *fans self*

I liked all three of the Sem brothers when I met them in Pleasure Unbound and whilst I loved that book all I can say is I think the series is getting better! The characters are well formed, so much so you genuinely care about them, even the secondary characters and their sub-plots (Go Gem and Kynan.. w00t)As for the main characters of Shade and Runa, they are compelling in their relationship, complex in their emotions, and sexy with each other. So much so you HAD to turn the page, you needed to know what happened next.

A complex plot full of twists and turns where things are not always as they seem they rekindle a love which threatens the lives of the both under the watchful gaze of a mad man and overprotective brothers. A novel, for me, where everthings works together in harmony, whilst still leaving a few twists and turns for Passion Unleashed which I have sat next to me. If you woner why this review seems rushed, it is because I vowed that I would write it before I open the book to read, and trust me I want to read. Can't recommend it highly enough!



I give Shade and Desire Unchained 5 pink panties out of 5. A wet panty read!

4 comments:

Fiction Vixen said...

I really have to get on board with this series. Just need to find some time. Nice review although it was hard to concentrate on. Your panties kept distracting me ;D

Patti said...

Glad you're enjoying this series! Book 3 is my fave so far. When I picked up the first book I didn't think I'd be loving Demon smut, boy was I surprised!

Minx said...

I am only about 50 pages into book 3 but I am loving it, I was right they do get better! I intend to read more tonight!!

LOL Fiction Vixen, with a name like Loose Knickers I have to have panties somewhere! ;o) I can't reccommend this series highly enough.

Like the Richelle Mead Succubus books this is a series I stumbled upon and I am so glad tnat I did!

Larissa said...

awesome review! I LOVE this series so much! =)))

its Demonica week at my blog next week! you are going to LOVE it! =)))

I bought the 3 books at once hahaha I also love when I can go from one to the next quick hehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails