Sunday, 24 January 2010

Ecstasy Unveiled- The Review

By Larissa Ione

"A Demon Enslaved…

Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master’s assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister’s life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he’ll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission.

An Angel Tempted…

Idess is an earthbound angel with a wild side sworn to protect the human Lore is targeting. She’s determined to thwart her wickedly handsome adversary by any means necessary—even if that means risking her vow of eternal chastity. But what begins as a simple seduction soon turns into a passion that leaves both angel and demon craving complete surrender.

Torn between duty and desire, Lore and Idess must join forces as they battle their attraction for each other. Because an enemy from the past is rising again—hellbent on vengeance and unthinkable destruction."


I was so excited when a parcel plopped through my letterbox yesterday and onto my welcome mat, because within it was my copy of Ecstasy Unveiled! Along with all of those who love instant gratification I ripped open the envelope, danced round the room, quickly put my groceries away, grabbed a cuppa and some chocolate and put it right at the top of my TBR pile and tucked in! And I am SO pleased I did! Reading this book is like sliding down a helterskelter; full of twists and turns and so much fun you climb back on for more and never feel sick.

We meet all the characters we have grown to love from the earlier books, not just the Sem brothers and their mates, but also Gem and Kynan who is essential to the plot. We follow Lore on his final task for his master and his quest to find himself, and he finds himself in an equally complicated woman called Idess. An angel and a demon sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G! For a long time this is all the relief he can get, for the obvious angelic reasons, but it doesn't matter because their burgeoning relationship is sweet, complex but above all passionate. An all consuming passion which threatens all they hold dear. Actually that is a bit misleading, but then again the brothers are mislead throughout the book and that is what creates the twists and turns. We the reader get an idea about halfway through of who is actually messing with them, but who will save the day?

As for Sin... well I will just let you find out about her yourself. But read well, she is up next and the extract from Sin Undone suggests it is going to be another great read!



I loved it and as I have said before this series just keeps getting better, I give Ecstasy Unveiled 4.5 pink panties out of 5! A Wet panty read!

5 comments:

Sparklybearsy said...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!! i dont have mine yet *sniffles* but i adore, love, heart this series so much. Great review Julesy, you've just made me more hungry to read it!!

Larissa Ione said...

Oh, yay! What an awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to write it up! I'm so glad you liked it!

Sparklybearsy, I hope you enjoy! :)

jaymzangel said...

oooo I can't wait to read this series, I have all the previous ones on my TBR pile & I should have this one in my hot little hands come Wednesday (god, I love Amazon pre-order!) fab review jules!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

I like this blog! Interesting review as well!

Hawk

Minx said...

Thanks everyone! *squees at Larissa's comment* I love reading and I love writing about the books. I just happen to ramble whilst I do it! LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails