Thursday, 21 January 2010

The Renegade Hunter- The Review

The Renegade Hunter by Lynsay Sands

"Nicholas Argeneau was once a successful hunter who went after rogue vampires who break the immortal law. Except no one has mentioned his name in the last fifty years, not since he turned into a rogue himself. But once a hunter, always a hunter. When Nicholas sees a bloodthirsty sucker terrifying a woman, it’s second nature for him to come to her rescue. He had no idea he would also want to kiss her senseless…

One minute Josephine Willan is taking in a breath of fresh air, and the next sharp fangs are heading straight for her neck! Luckily a gorgeous stranger saves her life . . . and gets locked up for his troubles. Can a man who kisses so lovingly and passionately really have committed the crime he’s accused of? Jo isn’t so sure…and she’s determined to prove that this renegade hunter is worth fighting for."


You know what it feels like to have a LONG day at work, cramps hit you at lunch time, painkillers become your best friend and by the time you get home all you want to do is inhale more pain pills, cuddle a hot water bottle and try and relax. This is the situation I found myself in today, apologies if it is TMI, but it is true. You can't settle, you feel uncomfortable, listless and lethargic. At 7pm I decided to read for a bit and I opened my copy of The Renegade Hunter which had been on my TBR pile for MONTHS and finally made its way to the top. I started it at 7pm and I finished it at 9-50pm. I think that says everything, any book which will hold my concentration when I feel like I have been attacked by an energy sucking vacuum cleaner gets my vote. I have always liked the work of Lynsay Sands, I started reading her years ago when the first 2 books still had the fun cartoon covers and Lissiana's book, (which hadn't been written and is now book 1) was just something refered to, yes we are talking about all the way back to 2004! As you may have guessed I love books with a sense of humour and this series has exactly that, we are now up to book 12 and I don't believe they have lost any of the charm.

What I want to know is: where do I find an Argeneau?

This story begins with Nicolas, a believed rogue vampire on the run again, but saving the lives of women. Jo is the woman he saves who turns out to be his life mate, Nicholas is a widower who was believed to have killed an innconet in rage after his first life mate was killed, Jo is nothing like he first wife, she is sarcastic, impetuous and feisty. She has what my Gran would have called 'gumption'. She is being stalked by a rogue who seems to be with them at every turn and Nicholas who is trying to stay away from her is forced to save her at every turn. Through this their relationship develops. Jo believes Nicolas could never kill anyone, and they discover there is a gap in his memory which proves to be suspicious. Of course by the end of the novel the whole Argeneau clan has arrived because you know wherever there is a crisis Aunt Margeurite and Uncle Lucian are not far behind, of course when Jo is calling Lucian 'Mr Sourpuss Pants' I was almost wetting mine with laughter!

For me the only downside to this sexy, funny story is a rather aprupt ending, they find out something important, or at least Uncle Lucian does and he is coming to tell them, I turned the page to see what it was and found it was the end, the extra 20 or so pages in the back being an extract for the new highlander book. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't disctract from what is a very good read, it just makes me want to know what happens next.... but I want to know NOW!



A very good read if you want something fun and sexy to whisk you away. I give it 4 pink panties out of 5, a damp panty read I couldn't put down. Why not 5? As I said, for me the ending was a bit abrupt.

5 comments:

Sparklybearsy said...

Oh ive read a few of the earlier ones in this series, but dropped it, for what reason i cant remember now, i actually did like it..so prolly more books came along to hold my attention more, i should get back to them! seems theres a lot to catch up with though lol

great review julesy, sorries you're all crampy *squishens* you did good to plough through the book that fast, i love when a story holds your attention like that.

Patti said...

I've got this one in my TBR - I'll be picking it up soon!

Minx said...

I really enjoyed it, but I just realised I missed out the one before it... eek, I know I bought it too, but I can't find it anywhere!

SusiSunshine said...

I'm in the same boat as Ms. Bearsy. Read the first ones and stopped. Have no idea why. Perhaps I should start again cuz I love my books funny.
Great review hon!

Sagi said...

you are so funny :) i really enjoyed this review. :D now i have 12 books i need to read just from 1 post lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails