Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Eververse: Sugar and Sin- The Review

By Stella and Audra Price

What would you give for a second chance? Astrid, a witch, has often wondered what would happen if her lover, Fallon, a teleport demon, came back to her. After a year apart it seems fate will bring them together once more, and their relationship is going to be tested with a new threat to their lives and the lives of their friends. A reckoning is coming, and its time to choose sides. When the exiled demon prince Cassiel gives Astrid an offer she can't refuse, will her relationship with Fallon pay the price?


This was an interesting book and ultimately I did enjoy it, however it wasn't all plain sailing- then again I am loaded with cold and my mind keeps wandering into lemsip induced fuzziness. I have said before that I like the work of the Price sisters, with the Weresnake books and Crimson and Collars I found something new and intriguing not to mention sexy; the Dragon books were sexy and romantic and I was looking forward to reading Sugar and Sin.

I liked the characters, Cash and Feyd in particular, Fallon is the strong silent type with a disturbed past, Feyd is the joker with the smart mouth (he calls his ladies Minx, what is not to like!) Cash is the insanely sexy exiled Prince; I liked the concept and how it is part one of a wider story arc, one which includes lost and found love, assassination, betrayal, insane demons, secrets, sex and the search for power. Astrid and Ash were fun, but I did sometimes mix them up, my lemsip stewed brain not able to cope with working out who was who. I did figure it out, honest I did, but I found I had to concentrate on the book in parts, in other parts I didn't want to put it down.

As I said, this is a bit of an odd review ,odd but good, I liked the characters and the plot, yes I had to concentrate but ultimately liked it and have started on book 2: Silk and Steel already.

(Snow is scary)

Ultimately a good introduction to the demon books: complicated plot in places with lots if twists and turns (I want to know what Cole did to Cash, how did she betray him.... will he ever become king! Dun dun duunnn) I saw this as a beginning book and new beginnings are often hard! (Yes there is plenty of that in this book! =D) So yip, lets talk analogies, this book is stage one in a marathon race and some of it is up hill, the competitors are sexy and have LOTS of stamina, the route contains lots of twists and turns, but when you finish stage 1 you will be running to stage 2. Mmmmmmmm Arcady Morisson!

I give it 3 pink panties out of 5.

3 comments:

Stella Price said...

LOL...

THanks for the review Minxy.... Arcady's book is MUCH less confusing, as it focuses on the two of them...

Cole... Well Cole did something bad a couple years before that caused Cash's banishment... Shes sorry but Cash rarely lets shit go. You will see more of it in Arcady's book.

Ooh and what did you think of Faris... For some reason few women like her...

Love ya minx!

S

Sparklybearsy said...

oooooh cant wait to get to this book, im swamped with reading materials and finding the time, but this sounds fun! Cant wait to meet Feyd ive heard good sexy things!

great review oh Minxy lady of the lemsips *huggles*

Minx said...

Faris reminds me of the Princess in the Princess and the Frog. In most part she shows the stereotypical exterior of a selfish indulged Princess with all the insecurities and angst of someone who is surrounded by very powerful and influential people from a young age. However she has clearly been through a lot. If that was the first time she managed to leave and see Cash in all those years (house arrest not good for a girls esteem) after being told she is being sold in marriage she heads straight for him rather than running, then she obviously sees him as her protector and love.

They push each others buttons and it will be a firey relationship, but I am looking forward to finding out more about her. There sounds like there is an interesting story there.

I wouldn't say I love her as a character nor do I dislike her, but I am keen to see where her story arc goes.

@ Bear Feyd is worth the wait, also he calls his honey MINX! Hehee lady of the lemsips I like that!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails