Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Bitten By Cupid- the review

By Lynsay Sands, Pamela Palmer and Jaime Rush


With their very lives at stake, love was the last thing on their minds. But then they were Bitten by Cupid . . .

A daring vampire thinks she can conquer anything, but when she's paired with a mortal detective, she'll find her life - and her heart - in grave danger . . .

An innocent woman falls into the arms of a mysterious man when she can't get a killer's terrifying thoughts out of her head . . .

A stunning beauty should be thrilled when her lost love finally returns, but instead she fears for their immortal lives . . .

On Valentine's Day, some women want roses. But some just want to make it through the day alive. In Bitten By Cupid, New York Times bestselling author Lynsay Sands and newcomers Pamela Palmer and Jaime Rush present three tales of dangerous desire, where giving in to temptation could turn deadly, and even immortality won't keep you safe from Cupid's bow.


You all know how I feel about a good anthology and sadly I can't add this one to the list, oh I am not saying it is bad, it isn't, it's just very putdownable. Yes I know that can be a good trait in an anthology, finish a story, put down do stuff and come back- but between you and me it could be days before I came back. I started this before I read Wicked Enchantment. It's not that the stories are bad, I just didn't find them compelling. I mainly bought it for 'Vampire Valentine' by Lynsay Sands, the story of Mirabeau and Tiny. Tiny is one of my favourite background characters and I was pleased he was getting his own book. The story starts really well, they are at the illfated Argeneau nuptuauls (which hopefully actually happen and Leigh is pregnant again... woot!) Mirabeau and Tiny are paired to take Stephanie to Port Henry because she is still in danger from the no fanger Leonius Livius. They leave through the sewer and things start to go wrong. It has the potential to be great and up until this point is really quite pacy, Tiny is endearing Mirabeua has a very tempestuous and heart felt past and when they discover they are mates- they just accept it. They get to Port Henry and... it ends. I turned over the last page, because I was really enjoying it so far and wondered where the rest was. Shame because I really did enjoy it up to that point.

Hearts Untamed by Pamela Palmer was a new one for me Julianne is under thread from a creature called Melisande who appears in her mirror and insists she find a charm or be killed like she killed her parents before. Julianne struggles with this until Zeeland, love of her life who spurned her, returns to the compound, between them and with a little help from a mysterious wild shifter they solve the mystery of her parentage and save their lives. It was ok and clearly gearing up for a new series but I did find parts of it hard to get into.

Jaime Rush's Kiss and Kill Cupid was probably the one I was most engaged in. Kristy hears a serial killers thoughts and realises she is his next victim. Fast paced, full of twists and an unexpected outcome. WOuld say more but I would spoil it.


An ok book, but it didn't get my panties on fire, I say borrow it from your library or borrow mine. 1.5 pink panties out of 5 2 on a good day but only just.

5 comments:

Book Lovers Inc Staff said...

So sorry to hear that this one didn't reach your expectations. I have this problem with most anthologies. Hope the next one is a better read! Great honest review!
SusiSunshine

Cecile said...

Sorry to see that it was a "put down" kinda book. I know they can not all be "paper cut" kinda books, but it is a little sad when they just do not float our boat.
At least it was short stories... so that way you could finish one.. and put it down...
I hope all is well honey!

Patti said...

Hmmm...probably not picking this one up. Although, I don't remember who Leigh is. Which story was hers?

Sparklybearsy said...

Im never a fan of any anthologies, i find im just getting into the story and it ends, i like something bigger =D

Minx said...

@susi Thanks! Yeah I like anthologies for when I am busy, but this one didn't tickle my fancy.

@cecile yeah but don't you just love a paper cut book! =P Yes, reading one at a time was what I did, I always like to finish books. I am good, how are you?

@Patti Hi! Yeah borrow it from a library, or just accept Tiny got with Mirabeau. Leigh is Lucian's wife, her book was Bite me if you can (one of my faves) I have an old review here

@Bear yeah we know you like something bigger =D I do like anthologies at times, the hot for the holidays one was FAB and how I found Wicked Enchantment!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails