Sunday, 4 April 2010

Wicked Enchantment- The Review

By Anya Bast

When you’re a half incubus, your reputation precedes you…

All eyes are on Gabriel Mac Braire the day he makes his first appearance in the Seelie Court, including those of Aislinn Finvarra. Despite deep bitterness over her last failed relationship, Aislinn cannot help but be curious about the half incubus who is known to possess dark magick, both lethal and sexual in nature. Rumors abound of the women who have become enslaved to his irresistible charms.

So when the Summer Queen of the fae orders Aislinn herself to act as his guide in the court, she is understandably on guard. She’s fallen under the spell of far less persuasive men before. In addition, Gabriel might be more than he seems and his true mission is far from innocent.

This time, Aislinn must protect not only her heart, but her very life…


I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed this book! Life has a way of interfering with reading and I lost my book vibe for a while... and this has just brought it back with a rush. I was excited for this series when I read Bella and Ronan's story in 'Hot for the Holidays' and I ordered Wicked Enchantment immediately. I was so excited when it arrived.I even did a little happy dance in the dining room.... and the curtains were open! Luckily I was dressed.

I love finding a new series to become addicted to and I think I have found that here. But why?

I found the characters of Aislinn and Gabriel likable and relatable. Odd when you think they are fae and incubus and live within the imprisoning walls of Piefferburg, but you do understand completely how they feel. When Aisling said her body was getting the pompoms out and was about to do a cartwheel I was hooked. Gabriel is strong and dominant and has his own secrets, Aislinn is no pushover even if she has been humiliated by her former lover. She holds herself with dignity and she too hides secrets, secrets she doesn't understand or know the solution too.

The side characters are interesting too, we meet Bella and Ronan again, find out more about the Summer Queen and the Shadow King and the effect they have on the lives of their subjects, Aislinn and Gabriel in particular. I don't want to say too much and spoil it for anyone who has not read it. We meet the Wild Hunt and I hope to hear more about them in future books, particularly as the next book seems to be about one of them, Aeric and and the assassin who killed his love. Should be a fun book!

The story is fast paced, a real page turned with many twists and turns, in the opening chapters Aislinn is trying to resist Gabriel's seduction whilst they fall for each other and both fight the attraction; she discovers information which puts her life at risk and her life changes completely. A story which takes her from one tower to another and from being a fae to being so much more!



I give it 4.5 pink knickers out of 5! And I want Gabriel!!!! He is so hot! Oh and Naill, Ronan's brother... *fans self* I hope he gets a book too! Go read it,,, get addicted then I shall have someone to talk to!

Minx xx

5 comments:

jaymzangel said...

I have this on my TBR pile, glad you enjoyed it!
I'm having quite a severe readingFAIL myself right now, happy to see you spanked yours into submission ;)

Minx said...

I did, or rather this did, I got hooked... would have finished it earlier if not for the holiday weekend and family days =D

Cecile said...

Oh I am so glad to see that you loved it too!! I loved this book when I read it a while back. And you are soooooooooooo right about, "When Aisling said her body was getting the pompoms out and was about to do a cartwheel I was hooked."
They are both likeable characters and you can relate.. The story is told very well. Ms. Anya did an awesome job at world building and making us believe!
It is an awesome series to come!!

Glory said...

Oooh, i thought what it was first book! Beautigul cover...

Sparklybearsy said...

Oh you EVOL book pimp, i gotta buy this now LOL

great pimpage review hunny! cant wait to read it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails