Saturday, 19 June 2010

Dragons Prefer Blondes- The Review

By Candace Havens

Alex Caruthers is a sassy socialite who knows when it's time to turn in her dancing shoes and kick some serious dragon booty. But when Ginjin -- the dragon warrior who's tried to kill her numerous times -- chooses her as his mate, Alex finds herself in a situation that's too hot to handle.

For help she turns to Jake, head of Caruthers security -- and a total hottie in a suit -- and asks him to pose as her boyfriend. Their relationship might be fake, but Alex can't deny that one touch from Jake makes her burn hotter than any dragon could.



Fun, fun, fun, fun! It's true, this is a fun book, which is why I am recommending it and the first book in the series, The Demon King and I, to all of you! I reviewed the Demon King and I as a guest blog over at Ramblings of a Book Bitch, you can read it here I said then that this was indeed a case of judging a book by it's cover and it is true. I love the covers of both books and the books inside are just as good! Dragons Prefer Blondes follows the dangerous life of Alex Caruthers, and trust me it is a dangerous life. Recently turning blonde she does indeed discover its appeal when Ginjin proposes. The story is complex with lots of twists and turns, we are introduced to two possible mates for the two remaining Caruthers sisters, an actor for one, and death for the other. Two books that I know I will look forwards to, but I digress.

Evil is again trying to invade the world, this time through the manipulation of dragons who are stealing humans as well as treasure. In her excursions to battle dragons she also discovers a stange safe house in Canada, run by the equally mysterious Mr M, but what secrets is he hiding?

Add the human trafficking, evil taking over, dragon marriage proposals to planning a wedding for her flaky best friend and meeting the love of her life and you have a good book. The thing is, she doesn't know or accept that Jake is the lover of her life... and when she does realise, will it be too late? Everyone seems to want her dead, and they almost succeed!

Alex is funny, brave and thoroughly engaging with a great left hook and a talent for one liners, Jake is strong, manly and sexy with his own set of problems. You can believe in their relationship, how it would work and how the sparks fly. However the romance is part of a larger plot about Alex's survival; if you want lots of sex scenes then be aware, they are few, but hot and towards the end of the book.



A thoroughly fun romantic read which I loved. I give it 4.5 frilly bikini bottoms out of 5 and a Minxy summer read recommendation!

2 comments:

Sparklybearsy said...

thats another smoking hot cover! i must read this author, they sound fun.

Minx said...

They are fun, this is the sequel to the one I reviewed for your blog. I don't know when any more are coming out, but I hope there will be more/ They make me laugh out loud.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails