Saturday, 31 July 2010

Nalini Singh's Angel's Blood and Archangel's Kiss Reviewed

Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best—but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear—failure is not an option...even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other…and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break…


I know, I know, I know, I am SO behind, not just in keeping up with my blog but with keeping up with books! That and visiting my friends blogs, I know, I am sorry, but I am now on holiday and I will try to catch up!!! So here I go with a double review, first of Angel's Blood and then of Archangels kiss. But I need to say... I LOVED THEM BOTH!

I had heard a lot about these books and so many people recommending them to me that I took the plunge and ordered them, and I am so happy I did. Elena is a complex heroine, she is hard and soft, doesn't take fools gladly, knows what she wants and has the capacity to fear and love. A complicated protagonist with an equally complicated past which we discover through tropes as her memories kick in and she releases different parts of the tale through both of the novels.

Team her up the the powerful and sexy Raphael and we have a match made in, well heaven would be too twee, but not far wrong. Their attraction is instant and to Raphael's surprise and Elena's dismay it is on both sides. The relationship is like a hunt, a game of cat and mouse and it is fast paced and exhilarating. Lay on top of that Raphael's protectors, the dark and sexy vampire and the wise cracking and alluring angel Illium, aka Bluebell (I want him!), best friends who will give their lives to protect you, a family who disowned you and an assignment which seems straightforward on paper: track down and help kill an archangel; and we are gifted with a deeply sensual, dark and fascinating story. A new take on angels and vampires and their possible connection.

I can't put into words how much I needed to read this book once I had started it and it was the same for the second book I did NOT want to put it down!

I give Angels' Blood 5 frilly knickers out of 5!! And yes, sex with an archangel is HOT!

Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux wakes from a year-long coma to find herself changed—an angel with wings the colors of midnight and dawn—but her fragile body needs time to heal before she can take flight. Her lover, the stunningly dangerous archangel Raphael, is used to being in control—even when it comes to the woman he considers his own. But Elena has never done well with authority…

They’ve barely begun to understand each other when Raphael receives an invitation to a ball from the archangel Lijuan. To refuse would be a sign of fatal weakness, so Raphael must ready Elena for the flight to Beijing—and to the nightmare that awaits them there. Ancient and without conscience, Lijuan holds a power that lies with the dead. And she has organized the most perfect and most vicious of welcomes for Elena…



Was it as good as the first book? DEFINITELY! I loved it, why? It must be so difficult to create a character like Elena, with so much emotional vulnerability and in some way fragility, but have within her strength, a core of steel which has got her through all the hardships in her life, and then on top of that make her and her life seem relatable to the reader. But that is what Singh does in these books, you are rooting for Elena and Raphael, you accept their world and hope they can do what they can to restore the balance of it. We saw more of Bluebell in this one which is always a winner for me, and met more and more of Raphael's bodyguards, all who have a reason for being loyal to him. Elena's friends again play a pivotal role in her life and I think in that way help her to keep grounded.

I envy Elena being surrounded by so many sexy men!

The story again is full of danger and twists, again how does one battle the unknown? Who is causing the murders and are they linked to the odd invitation and show of power.

A powerful and engaging read I can not recommend highly enough. I want me an archangel!



I gave it 4.5 frilly knickers out of 5! Perfect summer panty read!

14 comments:

Bells said...

I love this series so much! And that sexy Raphael is my numero uno book boyfriend! I can't wait for book 3 next year. Eeeek! I wants it now!

Minx said...

THEY WERE SO GOOD!!! Nad Raphael is SO sexy, but I have a little flutter for Bluebell!

Bells said...

Me too! I can't wait to read his story. Nalini said she is going to write a book for Illium!

Sparklybearsy said...

Woo hoo!! you liked them!!

Great review babes! i have much RAWR for Raphael and Illium. NOM! i wanna be covered in Angel Dust ^_^

Minx said...

@ bells YAY! I want his special blend!!!

@Bear *pinches bearcheeks* I LOVED them and OMG angel dust I wanna try out a special blend! RAAAWR!

Sparklybearsy said...

Ohgosh YES!! im kinda hoping something will happen with Illium, don't think it will though.

Minx said...

All the more for me, I will add him to my tower!

Sparklybearsy said...

then i think i need to pay your tower a lil visit ;)

Minx said...

*stuffs keys down cleavage*

Sparklybearsy said...

I aint afraid to go in there!!!!!!! *limbers fingers*

Minx said...

You never know what you will find!

SusiSunshine said...

WOnderful review hon. And OMG there will be a book about Illium. YAY I adore this series. I loved how she made it gritty but also so sweet. Nalini's books just rock big time.

Twimom227 said...

OH, I love these books too! So glad you enjoyed them and so happy you are back!

Minx said...

@ SusiSunshine I KNOW!!! I HEART Illium, the fact he will get is own book is FAB! I am so pleased you liked the review, I am a bit out of practice! I think the bookshave a great balance of fragility agaist kick assness!

@twimom thankies! *hugs* I am so glad to be back and I loved these books too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails