Saturday, 7 August 2010

The Demon is an Angel and Simple Need by Lissa Matthews Reviewed

By Lissa Matthew

When ex-government assassin Delan is kidnapped by Riko, a sex demon, he’s taken care of and sexually serviced in any manner he desires by Riko’s personal sex slaves. And while not one to bemoan his good fortune, Delan is a man of action and in need of a mission. He’s about to be given one by the name of Angel.

Riko’s half-sister Angel is just that, an angel. Not just any kind of angel though, she’s a hybrid being—sex demon and sex angel. And she’s in need of being tamed. Barred by Riko from having sex with her fellow sex demons, she’s forced to suffer the inadequate fumbling of humans, both male and female.

When Delan and Angel meet, sparks fly. She’s defiant and he’s determined, but the lust and hunger hit them both between the eyes and below the belt. Sex is hard and hot, a little kinky and a whole lot naughty. But Delan needs to find something more than sex to rein her in, or she’ll destroy it all.

Definitely a frisky little read, as the synopsis says Angel is half demon and half angel, spawned from a sex demon and an angel of love she becomes something new, something unique: a sex angel! But like many things is this world she requires balance, she has two parts of her personality and she is suppressing the angel. There are various effects from this, one could be her inability to orgasm with mortal men, her frustration with their needs on her and seeing her as a trophy, when we meet her she has just torched one, and his boat. A very unhappy and unstable being who, according to her brother, has the ability to put the balance of the world out of whack and ultimately end it.


The story begins with Delan (former military assassin who was living on the streets, he discusses later his need to hide and blend) being kidnapped by Angel's brother and experiencing weeks of sexual conditioning. When we meet him he is surprisingly accepting of his situation but as he explained what else does he have to live for and his training made him accept whatever conditions where thrown at him, like the reader Riko is surprised by his accepting attitude, but his explanation goes some way to accept it. He is given a task, get Angel to fall for him in one day or die. He has no choice but to accept it.


An interesting short which follows the theme of tortured angst and how these suppressed feelings can trap us. The sex is sexy and there is plenty of it, both Angel and Delan tortured by their past, but for me the star of the story was Riko, he made me laugh. As I said a frisky yet angst ridden short story with an interesting twist at the end and a suggestion that their could be more. I liked it and hope we see more of Riko!


I give The Demon is an Angel 3 frilly knickers out of 5. A damp panty read!
 

 By Lissa Matthews

Vinter is not your typical businessman. Tattoos, piercings and not a suit and tie in sight. One-third owner of a bar and a tattoo parlor along with being a bassist in a band, Vinter comes and goes as he pleases. He likes his beer cold, his music hard and his women scorching hot. Until he’s knocked off his game by a suburban doll he can’t stop wanting.

Elise needs a change. In men. The buttoned-up businessmen she’s been dating leave a lot to be desired—in romance, in respect and most definitely in sex. A recent text message from her now ex-lover drives Elise into a popular bar on the outside of town, where she meets one of its owners. He’s just the kind of man she’s never had and definitely the kind she’s always fantasized about. Big, bad and oh so naughty.

Unexpected tenderness. Unimaginable lust. Being dumped has never felt so damn good.



Oh my! OH MY!! I read this before I read The Demon is an Angel and that poor story had to compete with this! I think I had to wipe the drool off binky's screen! (Binky being my sony ereader), it was so good that after I read tDiaA I had to go back and read this again, in fact I want to read the phone scene again in a moment! HOT! That is all I have to say!


But ok I will say more.


The short story begins with Elise in a bar, earlier that day her boyfriend dumped her by text. Elise is surburbia, a suit, smart, practical, hard working, and her boy friends have been the same; with each date almost an interview to see if she is suitable wife and mother material, what would she be like at the country club, the right parties etc. However this last boyfriend had a secret which, when revealed in his text floored Elise and sent her running to the nearest bar: he was going back to his wife.


Vinter is sex on legs, part owner in the bar he sees Elise walk in with something on her mind, a sadness in her eyes and he buys her a drink. Vinter is attracted to her and as he hears her story he gives her an offer, hard, hot, mindless sex to wipe the memory of 'the dumb ass' from her mind. Elise needs something and finally agrees, thinking they will be going to a hotel room for a quickie, but Vinter has other ideas, to take her home and keep her fr the weekend. Which is what he does. He helps her to discover her sexuality, to discover the woman from her youth who she subdued.


I really loved Elise and Vinter, there was a a real care in them and much more hidden beneath the surface, I want a Vinter, if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know! I am quite happy to answer to the name of Elise.... =P I do think she represents many professional women, where because of work you need to project a certain persona, but you are a very different person in your private life. It is the corset beneath the suit. Whereas Vinter was everything she didn't know she needed, but above all he was a man who encouraged her to be herself and loved what he saw.


The sex is steamy, my favourite scene is when he makes her answer the phone to her ex, who won't stop ringing, whilst they are having sex. This also has a hopeful end, which I won't spoil by telling you about. I'd love to read more about Vinter and Elise, you never know, perhaps we wil get another short.... pleeeease!


I give Simple Need 4.5 frilly knickers out of 5. A definite bikini read and a damp panty read wirh pierced knobs on!

6 comments:

Sparklybearsy said...

Ooohhhh my!! i must read these two!!

I think im going to love Vinter! RAWR!!

great pimpage reviews minxy! =D

Minx said...

Bear you will want to kidnap him and keep him cahined to your bed, I know you!

I hope you love it!!

Lissa said...

And well... too bad we can't get our grubby little hands all over the real Vinter! grins...

SusiSunshine said...

"experiencing weeks of sexual conditioning" Huh? Oh my LOL
The second one sounds sooooo good. I really should check that one out.

Cecile said...

OH holy mary mother of holy man..... Awesome reviews honey!!! You know my smut belongs to Lissa! This is awesome reviews you got here!!!! I am so glad that you enjoyed them!!!!!!

And yeah, I want a Vinter and I have not even read the story yet!!!!!
Hugs to you honey!!

Ps.. I just saw the interview you did at Spark's place! Loved it!

Twimom227 said...

A Simple Need sounds WICKED! Your review has me searching for this book right now. Thank you!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails