Monday, 2 August 2010

Maya Banks Reviewed: Colter's Woman and Be With Me

I know, I am on a roll with these double reviews and yes there will be another one along tomorrow! Just making up for my dry spell. Blogging may have been a bit dead, but I will still reading, and I am almost caught up with myself now.... almost!

Today is the day for Maya Banks, I came across these books courtesy for recommendations from a few blogs, but it was mainly the discussions of SusiSunshine and Sparklybearsy which made me head for book depository and my credit card! And I am pleased I did, if you want sexy romps with multiple partners in your books these could be for you.

Firstly Colters' Woman by Maya Banks

Adam, Ethan and Ryan aren't looking for women. They're looking for a woman. One woman to share their lives and their beds. They don't want a casual ro...more Adam, Ethan and Ryan aren't looking for women. They're looking for a woman. One woman to share their lives and their beds. They don't want a casual romp in the hay, they want the woman who will complete them and they're losing hope of finding her. That is until Adam finds Holly lying in the snow just yards from their cabin. He knows shes different the minute he holds her in his arms. But before Adam gets his hopes up, he knows he has to gauge his brothers reactions. Soon its evident that shes the one. There are a few problems, however convincing her she belongs with them and keeping her safe from the man who wants her dead. Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, menage a quatre, violence.


I think the book synopsis says everything it needs to about the plot, including the finally line about the menage a quatre, if you are not into multiples then don't go for this book. On the other hand, *stops to fan self* if you have fantasies about multiples, then woooooo hooooo come to momma! OK I have composed myself, I did like the book and I did like the characters, however there was one thing which made me a little wary, Holly was a virgin. I actually don't have a 'thing' about virgins in stories, happens to all of us at some point, and yeah sure for many of us it was a little frantic, a bit awkward and yeah there was some pain, but it wasn't all bad and it certainly felt better next time round! However, one virgin, three men. Don't get me wrong, it was HOT, it was sexy, it was tastefully done, but perhaps it is just me, three danglies in my face might have scared me. Then again I think I might have been a bit younger, but hey ho, on we go. I really should put an adult rating on here so I don't have to refer to things as danglies... my bad.

But that is my only maybe about the book. Truly, I really enjoyed it, the brothers were all cowboys and we know how I feel about cowboys! They were all dominant and growly and yummy and sexy and different. They were three distinct personalities which I loved, the bossy one, the caring one, the tortured one, and they all were what Holly needed, and the fractured facets of her life were what they needed. A match made in a mountain cabin. But this for me was more than a simple erotic novel, it was the level of romance which gave belief that this situation could work, add this to the mystery surrounding Holly and why someone was out to kill her and you are left with a sexy, sexy story which keeps the pages turning.

I enjoyed it so much I danced all the way to the e-book store and purchased Colters' Lady! I also got 3 more Maya Banks books, 2 of which where free! Well one was free, the other was free because I'd made 10 purchases, go me and my book habit! My edition of Colters' Woman was not the newest edition with the free short story in the back, if you want to read the short story you can download it free HERE.

Great fun, for an EROTIC SUMMER READ! I give it 4 frilly knickers out of 5. A damp panty read! You will be needing your fans ladies!

That leads me onto book book 2 which is

Be With Me by Maya Banks

Three men. One woman.

Hutch Bishop, Cam Douglas, and Sawyer Pritchard were juvenile delinquents with a reckless and wildly sexy side. But they had more in common than that. They had Regina Fallon, a wealthy but lonely girl from the right side of the tracks who formed an unusual friendship with the boys. She felt protected. She felt needed. She felt loved… for the first time in her life. By all three.

So much closer than just friends.

Today, she's a police officer, dedicated to her badge, and wary of reigniting her relationship with the hot trio after one night of passion left her confused—and stunned—by what they wanted from her. But when a mysterious attempt is made on her life, Hutch, Cam, and Sawyer jump in to protect her again. Now, Regina and her three lovers are forming an all-new bond. It's more exciting, more intense, and—as a killer looms in the shadows—more dangerous than ever before.



Oh my bring me the fan and the spritising water. This book was so chocked full of male testosterone I wanted to lick it! There I said it I am a bad Minxy. Reggie was a strong female lead, she fought this attraction for most of the book, confused by it even as the men in her life accepted it and came to terms with it. Again three very different men, brothers in life, if not in blood, the organised dominant, the edgy and rough, and the laid back and just downright sexy. She had a man for every mood! And a man who for no discernible reason was trying to kill her.

Another mysterious tale from Maya Banks who skillfully intertwines the thriller with the trills of sexual exploration. If you want a book to get you hot under your frilly bikini as you sun on the beach, go for this. Trust me!

There were five in the bed and the little one said 'roll over, roll over,' so they all rolled over and one fell out, they hit the floor and gave a shout, 'please remember to tie a knot in your pyjamas, single beds are only made for 1, 2, , 4...' There were four in the bed and the little one said.... ME!!! ME!!! ME!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had the urge to do that! My first exploration into menage a quatre, and I found it fun and sexy. The characters were distinct, articulate and alive, caring for their community as well as each other, supported by a wealth of fleshed out side characters which gave the story a soul. I Particularly loved a conversation in the police station with Birdie's friend, a little sweet old lady in pearls and gloves who was talking about how good she was with a shot gun!



A great summer erotic read I give Be with Me four frilly knickers out of 5. A definite damp bikini read!

9 comments:

Sparklybearsy said...

YAY!!! you love Maya Banks as much as i do! she writes the most deliciously steamy moresomes!!

great reviews Minxy Moo, but remember...the Colter Menz...MINE!! mWahahah!!

Minx said...

OK but remember wo your friends are.... ME!

Sharesies?

Sparklybearsy said...

Fine! you get Colters Woman menz weekends, and Colters Lady Menz the following weekend!

Minx said...

DEAL!

Patti (Book Addict) said...

LOL, I couldn't get past the fact that they were brothers in Colters' Woman, but I was okay with it in Be With Me b/c they were not related - Be With Me is one of my fave Maya Banks books!

Minx said...

Hi Patti! *hugs* so pleased you visited and commented! *hugs more*

Yeah the brother thing is an odd one, I do prefer non related, but I have noticed it crops up in a lot of stories I have read, well ok about a dozen.

I have ordered a few more of Maya Banks' books, I have heard good things about the sweet series, but not got them yet, was hoping to locate a e-book format.

Twimom227 said...

3 men and 1 woman... I like those odds a lot! I've not read Maya Banks, but maybe it's time I start!

Minx said...

OOOO yay! I hope you like them, I am looking into the Sweet Series, I have heard good things about them.

SusiSunshine said...

I had a problem with Colter's Woman. Not cuz of the menage itself but more cuz for the characterization felt a bit too rushed and the story was not enough to make it good for me. You know how much I love her Sweet Series but this one just didn't do it for me at all. And yes I agree about the virgin ma ratio being a bit scaring. LOL
Still want to read Be With Me. The Ebook should be here somewhere. Really should get to reading it. Wonderful review, even if we didn't agree. ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails