Friday, 13 August 2010

Trouble in Cowboy Boots: Reviewed

By Desiree Holt

Stranded in Mesa Blanco, Texas, with no money and no prospects, Emily Lathrop hires on as the cook at the Lazy Aces Ranch. Two problems—she can’t cook, and owner Wyatt Cavanaugh is so hot she nearly burns herself just standing near him. Trying to keep her hormones under control is a problem when Wyatt seduces her into his bed and teaches her the real meaning of erotic love.

Now proper Emily finds herself shockingly addicted to the BDSM games he likes to play, her body craving the bondage and domination that pushes her thermostat past the point of combustion, even as she knows that it’s all going to come crashing down any moment with a big painful thud.

I think most people know about my love of cowboys, so when I saw this and the second book of the Sequins, Saddles and Spurs series, I was intrigued. This is a fun short story, at 95 pages it is a fairly quick read but it does pack a frisky little frolic into it. Even if the ending is rather abrupt. But I will get to that later.


The series focuses on the life changing events surrounding, Emily, Lola and Roxy who leave Vegas under a storm of disillusionment and a severe lack of funds, their pink Cadillac breaks down in a tiny town called Mesa Blanco. They arrive bedraggled and starving with few funds and find that life in a small town might be just what they needed. Particularly after they all meet a cowboy of their own.


Trouble in Cowboy Boots is the story of Emily and Wyatt, having lost her job and condo in Vegas Emily doesn't seem to be having much luck, as a character she is likeable, when Wyatt is 'mean' to her later in the novel we really feel for her and almost rejoice in the physical effect this seems to have on him. Wyatt is intense yet fun, walking that fine balance of boyish charm and brooding hidden depths. He likes to dominate in the bedroom and that is fine by me. He also has his own issues to deal with and eventually he does.


As I said, he does let her down in the story, but then again, that does happen in life and her reaction is perfectly human, as I said, I felt it ended rather abruptly and I think that is perhaps because I wanted it to go on longer. It was a fun and frisky read and totally passed the time when sitting in a hospital waiting room, thanks for ereaders! I liked it and think many of you would too.




An erotic and frisky little outing a fun summer read! I give Trouble in Cowboy Boots 3.5 frilly knickers out of 5. A damp panty read.

4 comments:

Cecile said...

Nice honest review honey. I guess we can't have our way all the time huh.... Well, I will be looking into this one one day. Like you said... at 95 pages... an easy (hot) read... Sure enough!!!
Hope all is well honey! Hussy hugs to you!!!

Anilu Magloire said...

I looove anything cowboy so I just might read this one. Thanks for the review!

Sparklybearsy said...

Its good when a book leaves you wanting more, this one sounds a yummy read, great review Minxy Moo

Mwahs!

Minx said...

thanks ladies *muahs* they are fun books, I hope you like them!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails