Sunday, 12 September 2010

Skin Tight: The Review

By Ava Gray
Uncovering the truth is her specialty
As a forensic accountant, Mia Sauter could usually tell when people had something to hide. She made her living exposing secrets while concealing her own. Then, in Vegas, she met a clever, ruthless man who called himself Addison Foster. One year later, she’s still haunted by his betrayal.

He’s a natural born liar
The truth of him had long ago been buried. Foster was only one name of many; he’d been so many men, he’d lost count. Reinvented as Thomas Strong and hell-bent on revenge, his mission is about to be compromised by the one woman capable of exposing him…

Reunited, they confront the explosive chemistry still crackling between them. But their chance meeting will have consequences, for a ruthless madman has his own deadly agenda. The question is—if they survive the fallout, will he choose love over vengeance?

I finished Skin Game a couple of weeks ago and as I said in my review I scuttled off to Amazon Market Place and picked me up a secondhand copy of Skin Tight (I love that place for s/h books!) helps out so much when my book budget is stretched and it is the ultimate recycling! Moving on, I was so keen to get Skin Tight when I found out it was about Mia and Foster, two side characters I fell in love with in Skin Game and I am so pleased I did, because in some ways this book is better than the first.

Why? It has everything you would expect from this series, unique and interesting characters who you manage to relate to, no matter how bizarre their story, tension, a plot full of twists and turns and on top of that sexy scenes which make you fan your self and shout 'woah nellie'. The sexual tension between Mia and Foster crackled and sizzled in Skin Game, but ultimately was unrequited, in this they have a chance to see where it goes, the book also gives us the reason why Kyra (who with Reyes makes a guest appearance) and Foster have the abilities they do. We find out more about their pasts in one sense, which allows them to have a future. It also shows us how much danger they are in and the fact they are not alone in the world.


A great and well thought out series I can't recommend highly enough, if you want a gritty thriller plot with your sexy romance then this is the book and the series for you. I can't wait to meet Zeke in Skin Heat. Roll on January!

I give Skin Tight 4.5 frilly knickers out of 5. A tense and thrilling damp panty read.

3 comments:

Carolyn Crane said...

LOL. Nice review! I have Skin Game on my shelf, and I'm excited to read it, and happy to hear you're feeling the series increases in strength. Aguirre's characters really do it for me - I find them easy to relate with, too.

The Book Vixen said...

I just gave my Google Reader a thorough spanking session b/c it was not updating your blog posts! I've been missing out for I don't know how long.

Anyways.

You just reminded me that I need to get this book! I read Skin Game and it was great!

Minx said...

I really like this series! And great to see you both, I have been AWOL for a while... ooops. RL sucks sometimes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails