Sunday, 7 November 2010

Cracklin' Rosie ARC review

By Lissa Matthews

A tool for every job. A belt for every occasion… Blue Jeans and Hard Hats, Book 2
Food is Rosie’s life, and life is good. She loves it, makes it, serves it in her diner, writes about it in her blog, and she’s happy. At least until a storm puts a rather large tree limb through her roof, and a sex-in-a-tool-belt roofer on top of her cabin.
But that’s not where she wants him. No, she wants him behind her with a strip of leather in his hand. That’s what makes her edgy—vulnerability is not her style. Except the more prickly she gets with him, the more he turns on the charm.
Decker arrives in Blue Ridge, Georgia, with nothing on his mind but a job and some new scenery. His legendary patience is tested from the first moment he meets sharp-tongued Rosie. She’s got hips that sway, non-stop curves and a mouth that needs to be filled with things that are much sweeter than vinegar.
A few singe-worthy kisses, and Decker uncovers passions that will likely earn her every red stripe she’s begging for. And Rosie discovers Decker’s got a hunger burning deep inside to give her anything and everything she needs. Maybe even…forever.
Warning: Between the sheets of this book you’ll find a twist on a decadent southern dessert, sweet rose wine, picnic table sexiness, truck sex, a man who knows how to give a spanking and a woman who knows how to bend over a hot yummy lap.


All I have to say is YUM! Well ok I actually have a lot more to say than that... *wink* I was lucky enough to be given a copy of the book by Lissa Matthews, as you know I have enjoyed a number of her books (mmmm Vinter) one of which was Sweet Caroline; the first in her Blue Jeans and Hard Hats series. I loved Sweet Caroline and I loved Cracklin' Rosie too. I read it on a plane heading to Spain, I am not the worlds greatest traveller, not because of sickness or fear (although landing and take off are not my favourite things to do) I am the one who gets bored! Sat still in a sardine can... books are my salvation! And this one completely transported me somewhere else so I could forget about the two teenage girls sat next to me who were giggling over Edward! Nothing against Twilight, read it- quite enjoyed it, but these teenagers have SO much to learn and hopefully will discover some of the vamp books we all love!

Sorry I got distracted, Cracklin' Rosie, I need to find this town where they all live and move there and get my roof fixed, or fence built or something, I definitely need this kind of handy man and I hear they have friends. The novel is sexy and fun, the characters are interesting and endearing. Rosie is someone who has been self reliant for most of her life but she has a secret, no-one (bar her best friend) knows but Decker is about to fulfill all her fantasies. He is teasing and playful and down right hot! If you want a short story with hard. hot and sexy men, women with a voice and a little kink, then let Cracklin' Rosie into you life.

I really enjoy Lissa Matthews writing style, the mixture of hard and soft and sentiment and humour, all tied up with interesting characters and a kinky cherry on top! Great fun.

I give Cracklin' Rosie 4 frilly knickers out of 5. A definite damp panty read.

6 comments:

Sparklybearsy said...

I can't wait to get to this book. must read faster, Claire.

Lovely review babes...and yes, swing by and pick me up, i want to visit this town too!

Minx said...

Yes, get to it! I think you will like it.

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Oh honey..... You know how I love Lissa's book!!!! She is definitely an author who knows how to get the panties... wet!!!!!
Hugs to you honey!!!!!! Trying to get my grove back on!!! Hope all is well!

Twimom227 said...

Yea you are back!! So my first question - does Lissa have a thing for Neil Diamond? *snicker* Thanks for the great review!

SusiSunshine {The Geeky Bookworm} said...

I heard so many good things about her books and I just started to think about what should get fixed in my apartment. ;)

Glory said...

lissa matthews....i have to buy a kindle for read her books. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails