Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks: Reviewed

Sometimes the first step in taking control is surrendering.
Under Faith Malone’s deceptively soft exterior lies a woman who knows exactly what she wants. A strong man who’ll take without asking—because she’s willing to give him everything...
Dallas cop Gray Montgomery is on a mission: find the guy who killed his partner—and bring him to justice. So far, he’s found a link between the killer and Faith—and if Gray has to get close to her to catch the killer, so be it.
Faith is sweet and feminine, everything Gray wants and desires in a woman, but he suspects she’s playing games. No way she would allow a man to call the shots in their relationship. Or would she?
Faith sees in Gray the strong, dominant man she needs, but he seems determined to keep her at a distance. So she takes matters into her own hands to prove to him it’s no game she’s playing. She’s willing to surrender to the right man. Gray would like to be that man. But catching his partner’s killer has to be his first priority. Until Faith is threatened and Gray realizes he will do anything to protect her.

Yum, yum, yum! Definitely a sweet book, I came to this series from a recommendation from Sparklybearsy (#showingsomebearlove)  I'd already read some Banks books, the Colter's series in particular after other blogger recommendations and generally enjoyed them, however Bearsy told me I must read the Sweet series and she was SO right, why? Because I loved them! For me one of the nicest things is being able to read a series back to back if you come late to it, and I was able to do that with this series as I had the first 3 on my TBR pile since the summer. I have book 4 being delivered any day now.

Why did I like them? I think it is because, as the title suggests there is something sweet about them, something that hints of deep and real emotions, the kind that sneak up behind you and whack you over the head with a lead pipe and leave you panting in the bedroom with Colonel Mustard. Ok so there is no lead pipe or Colonel Mustard and I have been playing too much Cluedo over the festive period, but hopefully you will get my rather odd analogy.

They are a fun frisky romp with real emotion and tension.

But first things first and my feelings about Sweet Seduction, the other two will follow over the next two days. There is a real thrill in this book, in the sense of the plot line of a thriller novel woven in with the story of a burgeoning relationship. Gray is strong, sexy, brooding and grieving for his dead partner, he goes to work for Faith's adoptive Father as a way of getting close to his partner's killer. He tries his best not to fall for Faith, but he struggles, when he finds out she wants dominance his fate is sealed and he can hold out no longer. When her life is put in danger he will do everything he can to save her.

Faith is no push over, she is feminine and innocent on the outside, but she knows what she wants and is prepared to go out and get it. This need for something different sends her to The House and has her meeting Damon, this journey also sends Gray's temperature off the scale and the scene where he goes and retrieves her is so hot!

Not only do you have two smouldering main characters but you have a host of well rounded supporting characters all who provide a relevant role, and whose own stories are fleshed out in later novels. Loved it, and if you haven't read them already... do!

A sexy damp panty read and I give it 4.5 frilly knickers out of 5!

3 comments:

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

You know what is so funny... I know we are cover hussy's together... but this is the next series on my night stand to read, lol. We have the same taste! =)

And I love your review... I shall start reading mine soon!!!
Hugs to you honey!

Sparklybearsy said...

Soooooo happy you loved this series as much as i did Minxy Moo! Wait until you get to Micah's book, OH MY! Maya Banks has fast become my crack, love her books!

great review babes!

Minx said...

Thank you both of you, I did really like them and read them back to back, I have just posted the Sweet Persuasion review and another will be up tomorrow. It is Micah's book I am waiting for!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails