Thursday, 28 April 2011

Dreams of a Dark Warrior: Reviewed

By Kresley Cole

HE VOWED HED COME FOR HER . . . Murdered before he could wed Regin the Radiant, warlord Aidan the Fierce seeks his beloved through eternity, reborn again and again into new identities, yet with no memory of his past lives.
SHE AWAITS HIS RETURN . . .
When Regin encounters Declan Chase, a brutal Celtic soldier, she recognizes her proud warlord reincarnated. But Declan takes her captive, intending retribution against all immortals—unaware that he belongs to their world.
TO SATE A DESIRE MORE POWERFUL THAN DEATH . . .
Yet every reincarnation comes with a price, for Aidan is doomed to die when he remembers his past. To save herself from Declan’s torments, will Regin rekindle memories of the passion they once shared—even if it means once again losing the only man she could ever love?


 Another great Immortals After Dark installment, one which returns to my favourite beings, the Valkyrie and and the Berserkers (if you want to know why I love Norse legends go here, I try to explain) there is a lot of overlap time wise in this book and Demon from the Dark, but don't ever let that put you off, we do see some of the same events but from a completely different perspective which only goes to make our understanding of the break out even stronger. I really enjoyed were this story went, and the fact it challenged us the reader to consider our own biases, in the previous book Declan Chase was definitely a bad guy not to be trusted, but i this we learn so much we do feel for him, we understand why he made those choices and even when they were wrong choices we long for him to put them right.

What we have in this are two thoroughly interesting protagonists and I use interesting in the best possible way, we want to know more! and through the flash backs of memory we begin to build up a picture of both their past lives, the longing which goes with it and the disappointment when it goes wrong. We meet some new characters and learn more about some of the established characters, Lothaire and Nix in particular. Nix is as funny as ever and now she has a pet bat whose bottom needs spanking before he returns home. Her words not mine. Nix clearly has a plan in her head and I can't wait to see where she is going to take us.

For me this was a great read and a book about more than just Regin and Declan getting together, it is a book about ascension, controlling who you are and redemption.

I can't wait for the next book. I just hope it is soon! I need some summer reading.

A great read, hot, funny and engaging. I give Dreams of a Dark Warrior 4 frilly knickers out of 5, this should definitely be added to any summer book pile!

7 comments:

SusiSunshine said...

I really liked this one too even though I thought that Regin wasn't as much Regin as she used to be. Can't wait for more either.

Minx said...

Yes, I know what you mean, in the past books she was a bit more... naughty... hmmm perhaps more.... full on. Nix is still my fave Valk, Nucking Futz Nix!

SusiSunshine said...

I think this was why I was a bit disappointed cuz Regin always was my fave. But still liked it- just expected more. ;)

Minx said...

Yes I understand, I think I was just over the moon to have a Valk story again, and the whole Nix and bat thing made me giggle throughout. I do think this series is going in a really interesting direction.

I want to know what is happening with Lothaire!

SusiSunshine said...

Yes the bat was awesome and yes I can't wait for Lorthaire's book. This is and always will be one of my fave series. Always makes me hunger for the next book.

Sparklybearsy said...

I cant read the review yet, this one is still unread on my giant TBR pile but 4 frilly knickers gives me hope that it will be awesome!!

Minx said...

It is fluffy sparkly boyshorts with knobs on!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails