Sunday, 1 May 2011

Eternal Rider: Reviewed

by Larissa Ione 

They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

His name is Ares, and the fate of mankind rests on his powerful shoulders. If he falls to the forces of evil, the world falls too. As one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, he is far stronger than any mortal, but even he cannot fight his destiny forever. Not when his own brother plots against him.

Yet there is one last hope. Gifted in a way other humans can't-or won't-understand, Cara Thornhart is the key to both this Horseman's safety and his doom. But involving Cara will prove treacherous, even beyond the maddening, dangerous desire that seizes them the moment they meet. For staving off eternal darkness could have a staggering cost: Cara's life.

I am going to start this review with a  fangirly SQUEEEEEEEEEE! I loved this book, it is true I did I did I did! The Lords of Deliverance I think will be a fabulous edition to the demonica series which gave so many of us pleasure, in some ways I believe it even has the power to surpass the series as the stories are more intriguing and interconnected. And they are definitely interconnected, the usual gang appear and we learn what has been happening to them, but it also takes us down new and darker paths, but don't worry it holds our hand and shows us the way.

We learn a lot about the demon world and the horsemen and it is not always happy ready with the breaking of Pestilence's seal danger and disease is unleashed on the world and the horsemen have to come to terms with the loss of a brother as well as the possibility of Ares becoming war. The story is completely engaging and a real page turner, both the protagonists are multi dimensional and we have a lot to learn about them as they discover themselves as well as each other. We know from the beginning that Cara has a power, but it scares her and she doesn't understand it, as she learns about it we learn about it too, we begin to understand her skittish nature as her life is laid out for our perusal. She may be skittish, but don't be mislead into thinking she is soft, she isn't, still waters run deep.

The new characters we meet, mainly the horsemen are well developed and fully fleshed out which only makes us long for the next novel, and I am longing I am longing! I want the next story now, I do!

Another great read from Larissa Ione, if you haven't read it, you need to, and if you are thinking I must read the Demonica series first, don't worry, this is a new series and whilst the other books and some characters are referenced this has enough content to stand on its own. Grab this and a cocktail and head for the lounger, a fabulous summer read thoroughly deserving of 5 frilly knickers! A HOT summer panty read.

2 comments:

Twimom227 said...

Yes! I agree 100% with your comments. I love that the bad guys are BAD and what a great addition to the Demonica series. Thank you for the review.

Minx said...

You are welcome I enjoyed writing it, I have gone review mad, I have a review a day for about a week! Eeeeks.... I better get reading so I can have more.

I think the Demonica series is getting better and better, I read the snipet from the next book, it looks so good!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails