Saturday, 10 December 2011

Immortal Rider: The Review

own purchase
By Larissa Ione
Sexy, powerful, and immortal, Limos is on a crash course with destiny. She’s been marked as Satan’s bride and her jealous fiancé wants her all to himself. The only way this Horseman can keep herself—and everyone else—safe is to keep her distance. But not even Limos can save herself from the secrets she’s kept . . . or resist the seductive allure of one very brave human. 

Arik Wagner knows the saying “love hurts” better than most, yet he never thought stealing a kiss from Limos would land him in Hell. Literally. It takes all his military training to survive the demon torture, but once he’s topside, Arik realizes that the agony has just begun. With the Apocalypse looming and Satan demanding his bride, will Arik and Limos surrender to the desire smoldering between them? Or will giving in to their passion unleash hell on earth?



Ok lets start with whether or not I liked it, I DID! In fact I liked it so much I have already been online and ordered the next book Lethal Rider, yup I am an addict and I know I have a problem, so why did I like it so much?


There are a few reasons, firstly the characters- not only are they well developed but if you have been reading this series from the start of the demonica books you know them inside out, yet Ione still manages to surprise you with secrets, secrets which keep you guessing and wondering, some which are revealed in the story and some which are dangled over your head and happily skip in front of you and all the way to the next novel. Arik and Limos do take centre stage in the novel but it does focus on all of the horseman and we do get to know Thanatos quite intimately which, I have to say, I loved! Limos is a great contradiction, fierce and girly rolled into one and unsure of herself and what she wants. In the meantime Arik knows exactly what he wants, Limos,  and as a result is in quite a predicament, but throughout it all he is strong and passionate and protective and we just love him for it.


Whilst this is Limos' book it is in my opinion the second journal of the horsemen charting the development in all of their stories and this is another reason why I like it. Ares and Cara are not relegated to simple referencing, they are active in the story, the other horsemen are not simply side characters again they are active and have their own agendas and themes. Please do not let this put you off, the stories are cleverly entwined and support the over all meaning.  


All of this sets you up for an exciting ending and a headlong rush straight into the arms of your book pimp where you order the next one. Trust me, you will like it!


I know, I am rambling, but those of you who read my reviews should be used to this by now! So bottom line, great characters, Limos and Arik are the stars and they make a great couple, he is growly and protective she is girly and fierce and kicks ass! Both their lives are uber complicated and get even more so, hidden secrets and evil fiances! All your favourite friends are their and the back story is set up for the next novel. I managed to read it in 2 days with a terrible cold- for me that is an achievement as normally I can't concentrate, but on this I could, I wanted too, I needed too!  Another great read from Larissa Ione! I was lucky enough to meet her at AAD last year and trust me, she is one of the nicest people.


I give Immortal Rider 5 frillies out of 5, a great read, and whilst you could read it as a standalone quite easily (it would make sense) a knowledge of the other books would help to bring out some of the subtle plot nuances. And did I mention it is HOT? Especially Thanatos! *wink* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails